Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Don't Judge By The Cover

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Heard that a million times. In regards to people, what about first impressions? In a job interview, the first impression is so important. How you present yourself, how you dress, how you speak, not say too much, not say too little, be yourself, sell yourself.

I was thinking lately about family and friends and what makes them who they are. If you are looking at their covers, you might see covers that are skinny, fat, gray-haired, funny, insecure, boisterous, wealthy, blue collar, or needy. Underneath these covers are some beautiful people.

I would like to zoom in on one little boy for a minute. He comes across loud, ADHD (not actually diagnosed), and mischievous. He has two speeds; full throttle and crash. He gets fussed at lot. He gets lots of rolled eyes. I get lots of looks from others that I interpret as, "Cant, you do something with him?" But all these things are just his cover. Underneath, there is a soft hearted little boy that can't stand the thought of people being mad at him. A little boy that wraps his arms around me every night and tells me, "Mommy, I love you as big as the earth!" A little boy that cried his heart out while watching "Letters To God". I just have to add that this little boy is only 6.

Remember as you go about, don't judge people by their covers. Look deeper.

God Bless,
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. I just love Seth. Him being 'busy' only makes him that much more special. Give him a hug for me. We miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth is awsome, and I can call him my best friend. Ask him!

    ReplyDelete